We are and have been open for business, for established and also new patients.
1. I am offering individual self-care sessions over the phone or in person to our established patients and their families relevant to the current pandemic. As we generally believe in Integrative Medicine circles, the better our own health situation and the better our own immune system functions, the better the chance for us to fight the virus, SARS-CoV2. We have worked for months getting homeopathic and integrative tools together to support our patients and also their families to heighten their general immunity and resistance. There is NO proven treatment for the current Covid-19 illness.
Please call us at 904.246.3583 to schedule either a phone consultation or an in person appointment, depending on what we decide together, makes the most sense.
We are not a COVID-19 treatment center. Therefore, anyone ill with symptoms please call for a phone consultation but we will be unable to see you in person. If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, abdominal cramping, diarrhea, headache, intense body ache, skin rash, changes in taste or smell, or are generally not well, please bring this to our attention. We ask that you do not come in for a physical appointment. We can decide on what would be the best avenue by telephone consult.
2. I am announcing a tentative Open House for this month for Thursday, May 21st between the hours of 5:30 pm and 8 pm. It will be, however, in a different format to accommodate our new reality in the current pandemic.
Each party will be asked to register for a 20 minute slot on the hour or half hour.
Details will be explained when you reserve your slot by calling. The goal is to have one party at a time only in the facility that will be well aerated and not to have guests overlap. You are welcome to have your family or partner join you for this meeting, with whom you may or may not practice social distancing because you live in the same household.
In order to allow for social distancing, we kindly ask that you wait in your car until your time slot begins. I or one of my helpers will come greet you at your car when it is your turn. For example: if your time slot is 5:30 pm, I will greet you at about this time, guide you into our office, answer any questions you may have about our services for a 15-20 minute period of what you may want to see and then walk you back to your car around 5:50 or so, then pick up the next party at the next half hour slot.
We also ask you to wear a mask covering your mouth and nose during your visit.
3. To our existing patients and families: We do offer the above mentioned self-care consultations by phone or in person depending on the biggest need of the hour. In an attempt to contain and structure spaces, this is the procedure we have at this time: you will be seated immediately in the patient room rather than sitting in the waiting room. You will fill out your forms in the room you will be seen in, or I will receive any lab or other results that I need to make a copy of for your chart. Also, I will check you out at the end in that same room to contain exposure which increases safety for all of us.
You are expected to bring your own face mask or cloth cover if you are seen in person. You are expected to wear it entering the building and while moving inside the building, including when you use the bathroom. An exception might be someone, for instance, with advanced pulmonary disease who wearing a mask might put him or her into distress. Same with children under two years of age. However, if you forget a mask or face cover, we have a couple of scarves or handmade cloth masks that you may use while you’re here that have been washed and are in a clean zip locked bag. We will wash them after you leave.
We have hand sanitizers following the standards of the WHO of over 65% alcohol. One hand sanitizer is as you enter or leave the main building to your left as you walk in in a glass bowl on the little wooden stand. Many carry their own sanitizer and of course you use it as you see fit. There is also a sanitizer in the office on the table where you will be seen.
When you call to schedule an appointment, we will decide together which way would be serving the greatest need at that time and whether a phone consultation versus an in person visit is best. It is very important that we all feel comfortable and safe in whatever arrangement we decide upon.
4. These are the circumstances that we have created at Persephone at this point in time. Some are in flux as we get situated to this new reality. Wherever possible we have open windows in our office space and have a nice draft inside the building and in or between rooms. Thanks to the fact that we have many beautiful sliding windows and two skylights we can open, we have been able to facilitate air movement throughout the facility during our open hours and also in between appointments. We also have ozonators that we use pre, during, and post appointments that help cleanse the air and facility. It is very difficult for the virus to be transmitted when the air is flowing versus stagnant.
Like all businesses, a lot of extra time is allotted for extra cleaning and sanitizing. With the open space and windows and ozonation, we feel we have a very unique situation.
We look forward to working with you and supporting you and have appreciated calls from some of you checking on us how we are doing too.
Again, we hope you are all well through these trying times. Remember: hand washing and social distancing slows the spread and flattens the curve and protects vulnerable individuals. We are all in this together. Working on your health and having it shine will strengthen not just you but also your community. No other time has mirrored so clearly that it is not only a luxury to work on your own health but an obligation not just for you, but for your family, friends and your community.
Thank you. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr. Pautz, MD
Persephone Healing Arts center helps with:
- Arthritis & Asthma
- Supportive Cancer treatment, supporting your immunity with natural things in addition to the conventional treatment you might undergo
- Natural Pain Management through different tools, including but not limited to some hands on techniques
- Diabetes & Digestive Disorders
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Ulcerative Colitis & Crohns Disease
- Autoimmune Disease
- Lou Gehrig’s disease, also known as Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Attention Deficit Disorder & Autism
- Depression, Anxiety & Panic Attacks
- Sleep Disorders
- Weight issues through life style changes and herbal & supplement support